13:14

Bio + Links

Spin and Spun by Dowski


People call me Justin Sadowski, which also, conveniently, is my given legal name. In my final year here at the University of Illinois I have become attune to certain websites more than any others. As a Political Science major I find myself first, with out a solid career choice in mind, and second, with a noticeable slant towards political news reporting and blogging. With this in mind, its not a surprise to find me at sites such as CNN.com, BBC.com, RealClearPolitics.com, and LiveLeak.com, which is an ‘underground’ style website geared towards those who enjoy shock value in their videos. They meet these shock junkies’ standards by releasing raw footage of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and classic video of explosions and political meltdowns from the eyes of politicians and citizens. LiveLeak.com is a good reminder of what can happen when order turns to chaos and ‘civilized’ society decides to release their repressed aggression all at one time.


The previously listed cites I enjoy for news articles, but each, with the exception of RealClearPolitics.com, have made a massive shift to broadband-video reporting, allowing my news to play to me, rather than forcing me to strain my eyes into a type-riddled screen. Still, some of the best reporting is done on print, but I enjoy watching an event unfold via video and then reading responses and reporting in print after-the-fact. This is how I fill my days on the web, comparing news stories and sources, looking for slants and bias, and watching how poll numbers (RealClearPolitics.com is great for these) affects editorials and coverage. If any enjoys news, they’ll love these sites, regardless of their place in the world, as these sites offer a cross-continental view that can keep my attention for days.